In this digital era , where life is full of chaos and we have very less me time , it is very important to take care of one’s own body . A healthy and easiest way for that is Yoga .
Yoga not only helps in purification and relaxation of mind but also helps an individual in strengthening of body .
But does it help in weight loss ?
The answer is Yes !
Performing Yoga five days per week with time interval of atleast 1 hour .Restorative yoga asanas are found to be quite beneficial for weight loss.
Here are some of the restorative yoga asanas and there other benefits :-
- Corpse Pose (Shavasana) :- It improves digestion and immune system . It calms the mind and purifies the blood .
- Triangle pose(Trikonasana) :- It stretches muscles around knees and give strength to body .
- Warrior pose(Virabhadrasana) :- It concentrates on the core body muscles which further helps in weight loss .
- Downward Dog pose(Adho Mukha Svanasana) :- It helps body in getting an alignment . also it corrects posture and helps in weight loss.
- Bow Pose (Dhanurasana) :- It helps in getting rid of fat belly. it relieves stress and provide massage to different organs.
many such asanas are effective for weight loss .There are some other exercises which you should try to consider along with
yoga for weight loss such as swimming , cycling , walking , running and the rest .
Some Bonus Tips for weight loss along with yoga:-
- Try to drink lukewarm water with lemon squeezed in it soon after waking up.
- As soon as you finish performing yoga asanas , take a break for around 10 minutes and then drink hot water.
- Try to add any one one healthy green tea in your diet for weight loss.
- If you are working on weight loss , try to avoid too much oily food for some days .
- In the starting , focus more on building habit of yoga , rather than considering too much time limit.