It is found in boys or men . It is a condition in which the breasts get larger or there is an overdevelopment of breast tissues .
Cause of Gynecomastia:-
Different medications that affect hormones, ageing , puberty etc can be the cause of this condition . Also the foods such as beet root , soyproducts , frozen meats , deep fried food etc can also be the cause
Due to reduced male hormones , male breast tissue swells . It can sometimes cause pain in breasts .
When fat gets deposited in the chest , the term we used is known as chest fat. In males excess amount of chest fat is basically caused by condition called gynecomastia (low testosterone levels ) .
How to find gynecomastia ?
A person having gynecomastia – a hard lump which is firmer than fat can be felt under his nipple region . this lump can be painful or sensitive to touch .
how to diagnose it ?
- Urine tests .
- A small breast tissue sample (biopsy) can be removed and checked.
- Blood tests such as liver function tests .
- A low dose X- ray of your breast .
Also there is a difference between a male with gynecomastia or male who is having breast cancer .Men who have gynecomastia have swelling in both of breasts whereas one who have breast cancer , can find lump only in one side of breasts .
Is it something to worry about ?
It is not permanent . It goes after six or twelve months leaving just a scar behind . just that it causes sometimes pain . No medication have still been approved for this condition .
How to get rid of it ?
After some time it may go on its own , but still there are some ways which would be helpful to cure gynecomastia .
1. Avoid alcohol intake , drugs , steroids etc.
2. Try to loss excess fat in your body through weight loss diets , exercises etc .
3. Consume diet with more vegetables and fruits .
4. Yoga will be a great healer to get rid of gynecomastia.
5. Running and walking will also help you to reduce fat .