A condition in which person ‘ s airways become narrow and swell which makes it difficult for that person to breathe .
Causes of Asthma
Asthma holds various causes such as :-
- Air pollution
- Tobacco smoke
- Changes in weather
- Allergens such as pollen, dust mites
- and many other causes
Due to increase of air pollution nowadays , asthma has reached a varied number of people . even minor ones suffer from this condition .
Well its more than just difficulty to breathe , asthma not only hurts you physically but also mentally as shortness of breath slowly starts breaking your hope .
Don’t be sad . We understand your pain .
So here are some of the yogic poses which will help you to control asthma by alleviating its symptoms :-
1. Wind relieving pose
This pose improves your digestion . It massages your abdominal organs and helps in release of gas which further reduces asthma .
- Prefer yoga mat for this pose . Lie down on your back .
- Keep your feet together and your arms by your side .
- Breathe in and as soon as you exhale bring both the knees towards your chest.
- Be in this pose for the interval you can hold your breathe .
- When you exhale , tight your grip and when you inhale , loose it .
2. Corpse Pose
This pose enhances your breathing process . It provides relaxation to the mind and the body .
- Lie on your back by separating your legs.
- Bring your arms alongside your body slightly separated from your torso .
- Keep your shoulder blades on your back for providing support.
- Once you have attained posture release your body entirely and even your face . Breathe naturally .
3. Forward Bend Pose
This pose opens up your chest and helps in deep breathing . Also it stretches your back and provides calmness to the mind .
- Stand tall by keeping a distance of about 2 feet away from a wall. Face your front towards the wall .
- Breathe in and slowly draw your tailbone towards your pubis, hinge your hips and place your palms on the wall in front of you.
- Be sure that your hands are straight and relax your body .
- Hold this pose for few seconds .
4. Alternate Nostril Breathing
It slows your heartbeat and improves your breathing . It brings great balance to your nervous system .
- Firstly sit in Easy Pose ( mentioned below ) on the yoga mat or ground by keeping your shoulders relaxed and your spine erect . Inhale and exhale to be comfortable in this position .
- Place your left hand on your thigh similarly like meditative pose ( join the head of your thumb and index finger )
- Keep your right hand in Nasagra mudra which is actually done by folding your middle finger and index finger .
- Now close the right nostril of your nose with thumb of your right hand . Now take a deep breath from your left nostril and afterwards close it with your ring finger and little finger .
- Slowly remove your thumb for opening the right nostril and exhale .
- Again breathe in from your right nostril , and close by using your thumb and breathe out with the help of left nostril .
- Preferably this asana in the morning would be great as air is fresh .
5. Easy Pose
It helps in stress control . It improves the functioning of lungs and helps to concentrate on breathing.
- Prefer yoga mat for this asana . Sit on the mat by crossing your shins .
- The soles of your feet should be facing outwards . Your legs will form a triangle .
- Your hands should be laid on knees with palms facing upwards .
Many other asanas such as Half spinal twist pose , Butterfly pose , Bridge pose etc . can also be performed .We know that you already have suffered a lot because of this condition , but the changes that yoga will induce into your life will be so pure and healthy that you certainly feel it from your soul . Hope you succeed 🙂